Lobster

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
they are destructive and predatory, I used to keep one in a 10 gallon, he was cool but he was the only thing I could keep in the tank...he even killed the other lobster in the tank. Then the tank caught on fire and it boiled him and I had to put it out with a fire extinguisher, not so much fun, and it was too bad I couldn't eat him.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
well, I actually wasn't home for it...but from what I surmised from the wreckage, The heater overheated, exploded, and broke one of the light bulbs, which started an electrical fire and cracked the tank itself, leaking 10 gallons of water from the second floor into my little brothers room, onto his bed waking him up...it was 3AM, he yelled and my dad woke up, though the tank had leaked, walked into the room where the tank was expecting water and he found a fire covering half the room...lucky he had a gas mask handy and was able to get into the room with a fire extinguisher and a gas mask and put out the fire...if he hadn't either the fire would have consumed the entire room, or the seams on the 55 gallon tank right next to it would have gone and hopefully put out the fire...needless to say I now do not use glass tube heaters...I got this phone call while in college at 3 AM that I had to drive home and clean up the fire and water damage right then...not a fun phone call. I found my lobster in the tank, covered in fire extinguisher goo, cooked to a perfect pink, and that is how my lobster tank caught on fire.

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
nlue spiny lobsters are about 1-2 inches if you buy them at the size and can be kept in a failry small tank (you can see above one was kept in a 10 and was doing well.) They can grow to a decent size and would do best in a larger aquarium.