looking for a pc ballast 55watts

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
as title says i need a 55watt ballast for some pc's.. Just got my lights in and i think my ballast is bad, anyone know where to get 1 at or does anyone have 1 that they don't use?

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
If you can't find one used try a lighting or electrical supply house. I'm pretty sure all the major manufacturers make a 55 watt ballast. Sorry though, I got plans for mine ;).

Is it just me or is finding 55 watt pc stuff getting harder and harder? Well... for aquarium uses anyway.

Chris

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
That's the kind they ordered for me.. Said it was all they could get (doubt it though) and they sold em for 31.99/each.. I had store credit and since i had to wait so long they gave me 1 for free.. There's a local guy by me i just now found who sells em.. Hamiltons from 25 and coralife from the same price.. depends on watts and what color.. if you check out e b ay.. go to search for stores and type in coral reef.. I think i just need a new end for my lights (part that plugs into the ballast) The light came on and then it started smoking like theres a short inside so im going to order 1 and see if that works.. I found another ballast i had laying around and it works so right now 1 will be fine in there, Its actually pretty bright.. Although its more of a purple IMO than a true actinic