Looking for ammonia??

crazytank7

Small Fish
May 11, 2006
Highland, Illinois
I have been to 5 local food stores with no luck on finding ammonia with out surfactants.. I can not find any with just WATER+AMMONIA any suggestions on any other routes to take?
Thank you.:mad:

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I have albertsons brand ammonia, but if memory serves you guys dont have albertsons out there... Maybe someone on your side of the country can suggest where they found it.

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
have you tried any super saver stores (costco, BJ's, or stuff like that) I found mine there and at the local grocery store.

I wish I had mine still on me I would just send some, best of luck on your quest lol

TheMainer

Large Fish
Sep 3, 2005
I picked mine up at my local Wal-Mart. I found it in the food section where all the cleaning supplies were I think. I will check the name of it when I get home.

EDIT: "Great Value: Clear Ammonia" (It's a generic brand, cheap stuff!)

Last edited:

paige

Medium Fish
Jun 26, 2006
Burleson, TX
Be careful because the cheap no-brand "clear" ammonia at my Walmart had surfactants in it. I couldn't ever find plain ammonia either...so I'm using the powdered stuff.

inthedeep2

Small Fish
Jun 28, 2006
why dont you just buy a butt load of anachris from your local petco or petsmart.
there is a ton of benefical bacteria on there and will use all up all the bad things in the tank quicker.
also check out this website.. Rex's Guide to Planted Tanks
even though its more about planted tanks it will help out alot..