Looking for plant information

Punkrulz

Large Fish
Sep 5, 2007
Deptford, NJ
Hey guys,

I'm partially interested in planting plants into my 10g fish tank, and possibly my 55g when I get it. Are there any websites out there dedicated to teaching people what kind of plants to get, best places to obtain them, how to care for them, etc? I'm definitely looking for a newbie friendly website that will guide the way for me in this endeavor.

Thanks!

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
Punk, very first things first, what kind of light do you have in your 10G?

What I did was got one potted plant that I knew I had the light for and started with that to see how I did, now that that's thriving I'm going to add more. But that's the slow and steady method of learning to plant.

There's tons of people around here that have some wonderful information, also I've found this web site useful. I don't buy from them but they have clearly posted needs for every plant they sell which is a good selection.

Punkrulz

Large Fish
Sep 5, 2007
Deptford, NJ
Tab,

Right now I have a 10g tank, using 2x 10watt fluorescent bulbs that claim to be full spectrum. 2wpg. To me that sounds like the most methodical way of going about this... not get a plant and build your tank around it, but get a plant that the tank can already manage!

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Javas, anubias, and crypts are all great for low light tanks but you could probably even try some medium light plants in there and see how they do in your tank. Thats what I have done with mine and they have done well so far (about 2 weeks) and show encouraging growth.