MAJOR INFESTATION!!!!!

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
somethign in the millions has taken over my sisters tank , her tank currently has 4 neon tetras and what occitnulus algea eater i think...or maybe chinesse idk its the one that stays small....anyway there are millions of tinay ball liek objects in her tank at first they look like bubbles but when you look you can see they are all in the gravel and crawling on everything. They also have black dots going down there backs and they can't be bigger then the point of a needle. Also they seem to eat algea because my sister doesn't keep good care of her tank and a few days ago it was complently covered with green alges so much the fish had to be crawling through the water rather then swimming, and in a few days it was all gone with no one cleaning it but now with millions of these things..any idea what they coudl be help!

Last edited:

revfred

Superstar Fish
Jun 21, 2003
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
You can transplant them ... or . . . get a fine mesh net . . . sometimes called a "daphnia" or "brine shrimp net"... an ice cube tray . . . a bowl with aquarium water and start netting them and putting them into the bowl. When you have a concentration of them ... partially fill the ice cube tray and freeze .... You now have frozen daphnia to feed your fish without any risk of infestation in your own tank.