Mandarian

Yazoo1970

Medium Fish
Apr 29, 2005
Hi i have just aquired a mandarian from a friend i have heard many people say on here they are tough to keep. I started putting pods in my tank as i have read this is there favorite food. how often do i need to add pods before they start producing on there own? also i have added them twice at the bottom of the tank in a cluster of live rock trying to keep them from the filter and uv sterilizer. Does anybody have any advise or know of any articles or sites i cqn go to get some info thanks

Yazoo1970

Medium Fish
Apr 29, 2005
Thanks for the response aresgod i have a 55 gallon tank but i have about 130lbs of live rock in it and have started the pod s in the tank the mandarian does seem to be grazing on the lr and i can see a number of pods on the live rock. My lfs carries seapods as well as guess i need to find better product somewhere do you have any suggestions

Yazoo1970

Medium Fish
Apr 29, 2005
One really great thing as come from this i have never seen my 2 scooter blennies as happy as they are i guess these pods have really positivly affected their lives the mandarian seems happy but it has only been 5 days the tank he came from was a 90 gallon bowfront so he has downsized a bit tank size but i have twice as much lr in my tank that he had in his 90 gallon so i hope everything goes well.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
wow 130lbs in a 55, thats alot, and i dunno about 3 fish who all prey on pods as their main source of food, you might run into a problem later on. dont waste your money on seapods. they are not worth it.