Mardel/Maracyn - Cloudy Water :-(

Apr 14, 2005
*SICK* Hey y'all, quick question. I have a goldfish - 6 years now, my love - and he began to get fin rot - I have dropped in 1 tab of maracyn for 4 days now and the water is SO cloudy now...
I've used before and do not remember this happening... Is this normal? Should I change out the water?

nikon70

Medium Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Visit site
melafix is a great general tonic esp for things like this, does not make the water cloudy or anything, yes do daily water changes till all is clear again, would not change all the water at once might shock the little one.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I would say follow the directions with the medication you're using, and then deal with the cloudyness. If you want to switch to a different med, do a big water change first to see if you can fix the cloudy.

razvan

New Fish
May 3, 2007
i just walked into the room, saw the fish tank all cloudy, and freaked out. i did a nitrate test, and its 0, so i guess i would just leave it like this for the next day, continue with the Maracyn treatment for another 2 days and see what happens. This is the 3rd day of treatment. Fish is active, maybe too active, still doesn't eat much.