Marine Equiptment

Jul 12, 2009
I am looking to upgrade to marine fish as soon as possible. I currently have an aqua one ar 850 tank and I was wondering how easy it would be to transform this from a tropical tank to a marine tank?

If anyone knows the specifics of the equiptment I would need to complete a marine tank set up it would be very helpful! :confused:

Also I was wondering if you can use the same equiptment for tropical and marine tanks such as the heater? Also if my internal built in filter would be able to be transformed into a filter suitable for marine fish?

Cheers *BOUNCINGS

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
well there is quite a bit of research that you need to do to start. I would suggest reading all the stickies at the top, then when done you will have an idea of what kind of saltwater tank you want. Once that is determined we can direct you to the type of equipment you will need. There is much more involved than changing the water. The only equipment that you will be able to utilize will be the heater and maybe your filter for water flow and to possibly hold charcoal as filters are not used in saltwater, live rock provides the biological filtration along with powerheads for water movement.