MarineAndReef.com ???

PerenGee

Large Fish
Sep 20, 2008
San Diego
Has anyone bought anything from this online store? I'm just checking to see how legit this place is. I remember the thread about someone getting gypt by and online store and I can't remember which site was good for reviews and what not...

TMony

Large Fish
Nov 16, 2008
I have never used that particular site . . . If you have a paypal account, use it to pay the seller, so you are protected if you don't receive your merchandise. Good Luck

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I believe they're fairly well established. At least they have a physical address and phone number (and hours) to call, which is always a good sign. The few reviews I saw on Google looked positive.

I usually order from Drs. Foster & Smith or Marine Depot. I've had great experiences with both. If you're in California, Marine Depot usually gets orders out the same day (if you order on a weekday morning), and I've gotten them the next day (ground service).

PerenGee

Large Fish
Sep 20, 2008
San Diego
Yeah, I got impatient and ordered from them already after reading a few reviews online. I got a notice today that they shipped out my order, so I'll expect it to show up in a few days. We shall see...

Feb 27, 2014
MarineAndReef.com - Return policy is horrible!!!

Has anyone bought anything from this online store? I'm just checking to see how legit this place is. I remember the thread about someone getting gypt by and online store and I can't remember which site was good for reviews and what not...
I have recently ordered from MarineAndreef.com and I liked how they were fast and fairly cheap (though cheaper could be found if you look hard enough), but their return policy is terrible.
If you open an item and decide you do not like it, you are stuck with the item. Even though it does not explicitly say it on the site, if you open it they can (and will) refuse to refund you. Period.

As an avid shopper online, a good return policy is better than a few bucks saved here or there. I guess I didn't think much of it before, but I will definitely consider this going forward. Get stuck with a $200 light with a screeching fan is way worse than paying $10 bucks extra, and having the ability to rightfully return something.

MarineAndReef.com has lost me as a customer. THEY even said I would be better off shopping at a brick and mortar.
If you do decide to purchase something from them, make sure you don't plan on returning it for ANY reason.

-josh