Massive hair algea

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
Flower, If you are looking to buy on and have room to store a Large container then you can get a low GPD type. If you are looking to use it on demand, then you will need a High GPD model. I know that as the GPD goes up so dose the price. I think that a 20 or so gallon container and a 20 GPD RO/DI filter would be fine for what you need.

MAHA

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
"If you are looking to buy on and have room to store a Large container then you can get a low GPD type." What does buy on mean and how big are we talking also do these make alot of noise?

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
Even if you can halt nitrates you might not halt hair algae. Really big blooms are not easy to get rid off as they don't absorb nitrate, they absorb ammonium, and effectively compete with your filter bacteria (and very well too). Going to RO can be a nig help, but so can using a good Fe based P remover

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
TheFool said:
Even if you can halt nitrates you might not halt hair algae. Really big blooms are not easy to get rid off as they don't absorb nitrate, they absorb ammonium, and effectively compete with your filter bacteria (and very well too). Going to RO can be a nig help, but so can using a good Fe based P remover
switching to r/o will not only help on the hair algea but other problems that might rise later down the line its definitly a good idea *thumbsups

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
I posted the link so you could referance the size. The Higher GPD would be better then you might not have to store the water before you use it. 110 GPD is still only 4.5 GPH. So you may want to store some water prior to the W/C. Once you filter the water and add it to your tank you dont need to re-filter it again.

MAHA