maxima clams

Apr 11, 2006
could maxima clams thrive in a 46 gal? corea or maxima? I seem to like the maxima more than the corea but just want some info on it.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2006
I already have one of the corea clam. I really like the maxima though as far as coloration, should I get one. Not sure if the maxima clam specs are the same as the corea. that my question.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
How long have you had your crocea? They are have high lighting demands as do maximas. You shouldn't be putting a maxima into a 46 it will get really big really fast and can attain size of 18" or more if conditions are optimal. My derasa has grown over 8 inches in a year.

Apr 11, 2006
I have my corea for at least six months now, I use to have a outer oribit fixture with a 150 metal halide but the ballast broke recently, so I went and bought a aqua medic pendent 250 watts (20000K). My lps always is buying livestock from their customers so I could always trade it in for a small one if it grows large.

Apr 11, 2006
yea, i have a pulusing xenia and that thing is growing like crazy with my metal halide, but it has been out for a while now(1 week) and it seemed like growth is decieving. But now I just got my new halide in and i hope it grow again so I could sell some to my lps.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I thought you were having mysterious deaths in your tank....If you are having water parameter issues a clam is not a good addition and needs to be rethought. Maximas get to be huge and fast too. Not a good choice in a small tank as they also can't handle wide water parameter fluctuations.....good luck. Oh and it is a CROCEA not a corea (that is a country Korea)

Apr 11, 2006
oh yea, mysterious death as far as fish, not corals and clams. All my corals and one crocea clam are doing great and seem to thrive. My clam has been in my tank for 6 months now. It just my fish that are dying. At this point I really don't know why. Wish I could post up a pic of my tank and maybe you guys would be able to help me more.

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
what shes trying to say is if you are having issues keeping fish alive theres obviously something wrong and now wouldnt be the smartest time to be adding something so sensitive until u find the real problem :rolleyes:

Apr 11, 2006
Hey thanks Lotus. I'm putting an order on it as soon as I can. I hope I have solved my mysterious. I figured out that if I have a huge ph swing, or incorrect alk, water parameter, many of my corals will die, but all my corals are doing fine, it has to be the oxygen that killing my fish( except clown).