Mbu Puffer and Crayfish

May 29, 2006
Sussex, NJ
Does this fish require brackish waters? What do they eat besides guppies? Are there any tankmates for them? I was thinking about getting a nano pirana. They are about 1/4 inch in length. I was wondering if they would bother each other? Is there any other common name and what is the scientific name? With the cray fish i have about five. Well i had five and i woke up this morning and one was dead. I do not know if it was my 1 inch head to tail puffer or one of the other puffers. The dead one only had 1 claw, but was one of the biggest. It also was messed up on the side and the exo-sceleton on the top was a little torn off. The crayfish though will not even touch the puffer. They even crawled right over him without doing anything to him. Anything else will help. Thanks

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Most of your answers about the puffer can be found here http://www.pufferlist.com/puffer/freshpuff.php?puffid=8

I will add that this is one of the few fish that are in the hobby that shouldn't be sold to just anybody. Most of us will never have a tank large enough to house a 30" fish.

Also puffers are not good tank mates for any kind of community set up, and are normally best when left alone in a tank.

What other puffers are in there with it?

Edit welcome to the tank!
FYI It is bad form and a waste of server space to double post on a forum like you did.

Last edited: