Mean Angelfish!

Xander

Small Fish
Aug 9, 2003
Houston
Visit site
Does anyone know of anything I can do to stop my angelfish from picking on my dwarf gourami? They are the only two fish in my tank and the stupid angelfish is picking the gourami's scales off! I thought gouramis and angelfish were supposed to be compatible! Do I need to just get rid of my angelfish? What can I do?

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
angels arent stupid:D i file them in the "good to faze out on, because how the hell are they swimming without moving their tails at all" file.:D (just kidding, i know how they swim, but i still find it intresting)

plus mine talk to me.....:D hehehe j/k

Aug 18, 2003
CT
Visit site
I had the same problem with my angelfish. It dominated and nipped everytank mate except for my red tailed shark. The dwarf gourmis were the onlly other fish I've found to be compatible with my ill tempered angel. Sounds like your angel just as attitude

Sep 22, 2003
VA
www.geocities.com
i love my angels too but theyre back at home :( ah college... my angels talk to me to and say hello when i walk in the door :) lol the strange thing is that they are sisters, and...well... they mate... GO FIGURE! <---im seriously not joking! i still love them the way they are!

Feb 2, 2003
North Dakota
Angels are great interactive fish. Some just have attitudes.

I love all my angels, most of mine are passive. I always seem to have one jerk swimming around though....those ones make good tankmates for my barracuda.....

Angelfish

Superstar Fish
Apr 14, 2003
Valencia, California.
Im not mean ;)

Angels are my favorite fish, they are beautiful and like already mentioned, interactive. When I had a dwarf gourami my angel picked on it a little, but now she is fine with my golden gouramis.

Did you separate them?