Medicine n its use help!

May 10, 2011
hello everybody
i was searching for treatment of goldfish for stomach issue or bacteria as i found that the medicine which is used widely for human stomach or relative issues here Flagyl (400mg or 250mg) is prescribed and that it can be useful for goldfishes though so i thinked to asked experts here that could we use these medicines in aquarium to secure our fish and if yes than how would it be medicated and routine!
and second medicine i adviced was Ampiclox 250 mg for skin issues or bacteria also. so plzz let me know about there use or if theres any harmful effects of medicine used by people.
thanks alot ..

heres query of flagyl that i searched..
--------------------------------
Metronidazole
(Flagyl) is the trade name and can be found at any pharmacy.

It is an antibiotic and antiparasitic used to treat infections caused by protozoa and anaerobic bacteria.

This medicinal product can also be used in fish against Ich (white spot) and sometimes when the first symptoms of dropsy.

Dose: 1 tablet (250mg) for every 25 to 30 ltrs.

No damage and / or affect the beneficial bacteria found in the aquarium which can be used in the main aquarium.

Diseases can be treated:

1 .- Punto Blanco (Ich)
2 .- Internal Parasites
3 .- When the fish has an infection in the stomach
4 .- When the fish has whitish feces and not given him food of that color
5 .- Top of Dropsy.

How to be medicate first:

You spray a tablet (pill) which can be done with the help of two spoons
just place the tablet in the spoon and the back of another spoon until it pressed powder. and then that dust going to be diluted in a glass aquarium water.
Dissolved and it can be applied to it.

Regular treatment for three days is recommended that the 3rd day make a partial water change of 35% to 40% for clean water and treated with anti-chlorine.

The degradation of the active substance is about four days but it is preferable to a partial water change of 30% at 48 hours and redissolve other Metronidazole tablets to renew the dose.

After the first 48 hours should be some improvement in fish and the second treatment should be sufficient to eliminate the white spots. However, when distinguishing still some white spots on the fish, do not stop treatment, another treatment may be repeated in cases of somewhat resistant varieties with good safety margin.

The end result should be that in 4-6 days your tank will be free of parasites and to be the time to make a partial water change to phase out the remains of the drug and excipients, restoring normal levels of the aquarium.

Store at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture.

Flagyl ®
metronidazole tablets

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
What are you trying to treat? If its Ich you should jack up the temp a bit to around 80ish something(I have had good luck with 83 or so). Then every other day 10-20% water changes with a good vacuum to get the parasites that have fallen to the bottom. This may take days to a couple weeks. Also, if you have fish other then goldfish try to keep the water WELL oxygenated as the higher temp sucks out the oxygen. Try this before introducing meds. Just my opinion, there maybe others with successful treatments as well.