Meet Claude!

SinisterKisses

Superstar Fish
Jan 30, 2007
Just bought this guy tonight. His name is Claude ;) And he's stunning, I love him. He's too busy flaring at his reflection on the back of the tank to come near the front, so I can't get a decent shot of him yet, but here he is anyway. The camera doesn't do his colour justice, he's a very nice rich, deep red and glowing purple colour.

SinisterKisses

Superstar Fish
Jan 30, 2007
Lol sorry BV, but no...I just saw him and thought, he's a Claude ;)

Thanks Plee co. Yes, he's in with the guppies for now. I figured I'd try it out and see how they comingle. I know he'll eat a bunch of the babies, but they're guppies, so I don't think it will matter much. So far he's more concerned with displaying at his reflection than with his tankmates.

Sep 6, 2006
NS, Canada
Hehe, very nice betta! I had my betta in with a beautiful yellow guppy but the betta ate his tail off xD I was angryyy!! Hopefully it goes better for you, it all depends on the attitude of the betta ^_^

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
That's a beautiful Betta, I bet he is even more stunning in person, I've never had much luck getting my Bettas true colors on film either.

I think it's funny that they flare at their own reflections all of the time (even my females did). Are they pretty fish w/ great personalities? Yes ......Are they smart? not so much *crazysmil

Last edited:

SinisterKisses

Superstar Fish
Jan 30, 2007
Lol maybe not so smart, but its good that they spend so much time flaring at themselves...they look so much prettier when they're displaying (especially the CT's), so they look awesome most of the time :)

Thanks everyone.

SinisterKisses

Superstar Fish
Jan 30, 2007
I've always had a thing for bettas (my first fish, that started my obsession, was a betta), but when I discovered CT's I fell in love for sure. Unfortunately, you could never get them in town...but then a few months ago, they started popping up everywhere! So now I can have as many as I like :D