Meet our Bettas!

Sep 16, 2005
Echoofformless and I are a little betta crazy... we just wanted to show off our happy family.

This is Sexy Girl, our oldest betta, the queen bee of our 20g.

Master Betta (yes, someone thinks they're a comedian :rolleyes: )

Wussy Boy... our first crowntail, and the most susceptible to EVERYTHING.

Yellow Gal, the philosopher fish. She stares at us all the time, as if she's contemplating her state of existence in comparison to our own.

Icky... a pity purchase we nursed back from the brink. Now she's healthy and happy, living in a ten gallon tank. Here she is in her quarantine bottle:

Red Boy... he's the Bruce Lee of our aquaria. He also has an insatiable appetite. He lives on top of the bedroom dresser, and swims to the front of the tank to be fed every time someone walks by.

Gainesborough's Blue Boy... inspired by an offhand line in Ghostbusters II.

Rainbow Monster... he was purchased after we tried to say we weren't going to get any more bettas... but when we saw his colorful little self we just couldn't resist.

Last edited:

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Nice bettas and pics guys. *thumbsups

geekrockgirl85 said:
Master Betta (yes, someone thinks they're a comedian :rolleyes: )
Hehe...I like "Master Betta" too...not just because of the name though. I love his colors---he's very patriotic-looking (well, if you're a Canadian like me, I suppose :rolleyes: ).

Big Vine

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
Wow. very nice! I'm quite jealous. Oh geez, i was at PetCO yesterday, and I just wanted to take them all home, they all looked sooooo bad and depressed :(

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
true that....i soooo wanna do it!! haha

So, my neighbor just got a betta, and he is absolutely beautiful, and seems really happy - he's making like, at least, 2 bubble nests a day - but, he's in such a tiny bowl..im pretty sure its no more than 1/2 gallon....and there is a plant in there, so he has even less room to swim around. She definitely takes care of him, his colors are amazingly vibrant, the whole bubble nest thing, and he seems to be an all around happy guy. so, should i recommend getting a larger "bowl" to her...? or leave him be since he seems to be pretty happy and is well cared for otherwise...?

Sep 11, 2005
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
Plans for breeding...it's very tempting, though I would want to make sure I have a source for cheap Mason jars before I get started.

The Rainbow Monster makes some impressive bubble nests when he's able to see Yellow Gal, and I think they would make for some interesting offspring. They're both quality bettas too, so I'm not concerned about any genetic problems.

We'll see what happens...