mh bulbs?

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
just wondering why some of these bulbs im looking at are so expensive (as much as $100) but then i see these bulbs on ebay for $7.50 ..... having a hard time deciding what to do..any opinions??

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
i got this 250w MH on ebay i just used it a week ago and it was great.
rated at 14k but seems like 20k (pretty satisfied) very purple so that should bring out the coral colors.

i'll look up the name and post some pics of it burning. its hard for me since i dont have the socket...

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
couldnt find a place that sold it...i bought a cheap ballast with a capacitor and got some ebay bulbs...

but when my parents didnt let me keep the 46g tank i had to store all that stuff away...and couldnt finish buying the rest of my retrofit set....

i just solder wires to the bulb and taped it down with electrical tape...it was only temporary because it was killing me not the see what the light looked like =p

i couldnt touch the bulb for 10 mins...and it wasnt even fully started...

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok i just got my second 250w retrofit mh but still havnt got the bulb... any suggestions?? im thinking of getting a cheap one off ebay for now i think it was $20 + shipping for 2x 14k bulbs