Might be starting a new Tank

UP UP AND GUPPY

Superstar Fish
Mar 14, 2006
Sacramento, California
www.myspace.com
Okay well I went to a all fish store downtown and asked about starting a nano 10g and the lady said without any live rock it will cost 150 dollars minimum including the tank. Well I already have a 10g tank I am planning on using but dont know what kind of extra coral or mushrooms I can add to the tank with 19 watts. Here is my master plan so far:

2 Lemon Damsels
1 Cleaner Shrimp or Peppermint shrimp

Now like I said before I dont know what kind or coral or mushrooms I can add with a 19 watt. Any Suggestions? Also is the stocking all right? Also I want to know if I got the math right:

Sand:$10-20
Salt(50lbs):$20
A good heater:$20-30
Master Saltwater Test Kit:$30

Is there any thing else I should add?

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Why damsels- very notorious for being mean, getting ugly looks wise, and limiting your options. There are alot of smaller cool fish you could choose from to give you more interest

Hermits and snails do a great job cleaning around the tank, and they are interesting to watch. The cleaner shrimp wont do anything mantainence wise, but are nice looking and fun to watch

Live Rock. Not to be avoided, its a recipe for success.

Hydrometer to measure salt (no cheap ones pleasse), floating glass ones do ok.

Powerheads, more flow the better.

A place to get good water would be a good addition, keep up on those water changes

Mushrooms will thrive under just about anything so you could do them but with 19 watts of (flourescent?, practically nothing)I wouldnt expect much growth or anything more some people have zoas in practically no light though.

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Alot of choices, gobies, clown, firefishes, etc. Look around and see what you like

A sand type substrate, such as Aragonite

All together couple hundred easy depends what brand and what you really get

There are some great stickies at the top of the saltwater forum that are really informative