miss newbie

sal

Small Fish
Aug 26, 2003
UK
Visit site
How do I stop being a newbie - is it all about how many posts you have against you?

Apr 11, 2003
Phx,AZ
Visit site
Well a newbie is not dependent apon posts, my deffinition of a newbie is some body who is still learning the simple stuff that all aquarists should know.

What i think you mean is how do you stop being a tiny winy fish, when you have 100 posts or mor you become a small fish i think 500 is medium fish 100 large fish and1500 super fish moderators are not picked by # of posts and the one and only charter fish is the person who started the website.

Apr 11, 2003
Phx,AZ
Visit site
and jaxs2 is a large fish so 700 is large and 1000 super its like those models og the sloarsystem with pluto being half way around the world if the sun is a tenis ball ........ and righ now your the sun i'm almost to earth jaws is past the asteroid belt and Cichlid-man is near uranus:D

Oh yah this a great forum its been alittle rough latly but its a very good forum alot of great threads. just on a side note if you use the search button and you can fid a lot of info in previsouly posted threads.

Last edited:

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
this is fish not internet jibber jabba so when you hit a comfortable level of confidence and fish know how that's when you know your not a newbie.here at myfishtank.net we have members from all ages and it would seem kinda silly to call new members newbies when they could have been keping fish for years.this is one of the few things where knowledge and skill are more importaint that member status.so ask those questions and raise your post count,just try to search for your anwsers first cause its very likely that you question has been anwserd before and a lot of the members are kinda burnt out on the same old toipcs.anyways welcome to myfishtank.net and i hope you enjoy the site

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Welcome :) and yeah...what they said! ^ Although sometimes whether a person is still a newbie can be in the eye of the beholder. To those who have kept fish for years and years and years I might still be a newbie...but to someone who is just setting up their first tank I think they are a newbie and I'm not :) Its a pretty relative term...but CFM is right, you pretty much know when you're not a newbie anymore, when you have it down and are able to enjoy your tanks without panicking.