Missing fish! Desperately need help!

I'm cleaning and installing the bubbles today in the 20g. I got all the fish into a bucket except for Wasabi who is missing. I THOUGHT I saw him this morning at breakfast, but the only place he could be now is in the castle. I've shaken it (I know, not good, but what else can I do?) and tapping it. Nothing. I also shined a light inside but can't see into every corner. What can I do? I need to take the castle out of the water in order to put the tubing in. Did he die in there? Help! I don't want to keep the fish in the bucket overnight so I need to finish it today! :(

Lakea

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2006
Texas
I have had this problem before, once with an algae eater, he had stuck himself to a rock and I did not see him and took the rock out, than with a cichlid, went inside a log thing and wouldn't come out. Do you have a bucket big enough for the castle? than you could just transport the castle to a bucket of water. With the cichlid I had to stick a tube in the log and scare him out. I hope you can find him.

nrstype

Medium Fish
May 5, 2008
Those "castles" hide fish, snails, crays, shrimps.. EVERYTIME!

Every time I was ever "missing" an inhabitant, it was ALWAYS in the castle, when I had one in a tank. ;)