Missing Platy?

Aug 23, 2005
bellaire, ohio
i woke up today and looked in my tank, i have a platy missing, full grown platy. i cant seem to find any trace of her in the tank, no corpse or anything like that, i looked in the caves, she doesnt seem to be in there either. nothing in my tank big enough to eat her and i swear i seen her yesterday. any ideas?

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
What kind of decorations do you have? I had a molly and an upside down that swam inside one of my decorations once and they both died. So I took the decorations out. Good luck.

Aug 23, 2005
bellaire, ohio
i looked all over, i even took the castle out and didnt find her, but low and behold, she's back. i dunno if she got in the filter somehow or what, she looks like she had her babies tho, probably had a meal to herself.

Aug 23, 2005
bellaire, ohio
well, i just looked in my plastic floating fry hideout plant thingie and i found some very tiny fry in there. so wherever she had them, looks like they did make it out alive. theyre all black tho, but maybe she bred with the molly? who knows. she's back now though and with some little friends.

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
I have a missing platy, too. My tank hardly has any decorations. I have looked everywhere! All around the outside. I took them to Wal-mart ot try and return them and get my tank started out properly. Well they said htey would just flush them so I said forget it I will just keep them. So I brought them back home. (I had them in a bucket all this time.) Unplugged my heater and got ready to do a water change. Was pretty positive she was the first one I put back in my tank. Well I did the water change, I have checked my bathtub to make sure she didn't go down the drain but I am pretty sure she didn't and besides I would have seen her swimming around in the bucket!! But I cannot find this fish ANYWHERE!!!

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
I found her. I don't know where she was. I was getting really worried and feeling pretty guilty. I was starting to think maybe I did empty her down the drain, but here she is under the little log in the middle of my tank. I don't know where she was at because I even stuck my hand in there and wiggled the log around and still didn't find her. Oh well, she is fine now. It is amazing how we try to take pieces of nature and mold them into what we think they should be yet here in a little box made entirely of glass, this little fish can still elude me if she wants to!! Amazing. Speaking of amazing, just off the subject real quick, has anybody seen "Crash"? If not you have to watch it. I can honestly say it is the best movie I have ever seen. Again, it is hard to believe the small, simple roles we play in life and how they affect the world over!