molly fry

maggie

New Fish
Sep 9, 2008
isle of man
hello everyone , i have some molly fry which are now 3 weeks old , they are in a breeding net in the tank. can anyone let me know at how many weeks it would be safe to let them into the tank with all the other fish. many thanks .

bunker_1

Large Fish
Mar 24, 2008
Cincinnati
I put mine with the population when I felt that they were bigger than a mouth full. I know it sounds wierd but that it made sence at the time. None of them disappeared.

good luck

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
I am way away from making fry but I think it sounds fun and glad to hear about your success.

Goodluck.

FWIW, I agree with the bigger than a mouthful theory <eg>

Peace

Apr 26, 2008
With my platy fry I waited about 2 1/2 months till I put them back in the tank. They were about an inch to half an inch. Ether way the fry are safe to go into your tank. As long as no one in the tank has a mouth bigger than them *SUPERSMIL!

Apr 26, 2008
O, I only put back in 5 from my very first fry batch. I was to attached to get rid of them. I was only able to save 5 from being eaten on my first batch. I spent 2 hours fishing them out of my 10gal tank at the time :)!
The other 80 fry I took down to the local fish store (Privately owned shop). The lady there really loves the fish in her store.

There was no way I could keep them all :(! I always try to keep the fry out of my tank. But If I don't catch the mom before she drops them. Which I know the females around about birthing dates. The fry not smart enough to hide get eaten by the parents :(. So I rarely get surprised by a new addition to my tank. I know it's sad! I really prefer to get the mom to another tank before she gives birth and then take the fry to the fish store.