More Betta Questions

Dec 8, 2004
Visit site
What do you call these colors?:

My boy is splotchy with reds, blues, and white. His face is mostly dark blue with dark red splotches and then it fades into splotches of light blue. His body is mostly white with more spots of light blue. His fins are blue at the base, then they fade into a dark red, and then white.

My girl's body is black, and then her fins fade from black at the base to a neon blue color/black striped, and then the outsides of the fins fade into a dark red. Her eyes look blue.

Can anyone name these types or should I just call them splotchy colored bettas? *twirlysmi Thanks!

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
the female sound pretty but no offence to you our your prince but in the betta world he is considered a mutt. then again i have a mutt betta and he has alot more personality than my other betta. almost and betta you get at a chain store will be a mutt. and the pure breds seem to like live food. my mutt will eat flake.
(fancy steak to t.v. dinner)

Dec 8, 2004
Visit site
Yah I know the deltas and the super deltas and the halfmoons and all. Mine's a veil- like most in normal petstores. His coloring looks like that first picture of a delta though, but his red isn't as bright as that- it's really dark.

Dec 8, 2004
Visit site
you'd have to look them up from breeders- you'd have to be REALLY lucky to find one in a normal petstore- there's really no chance. i did however find a peach/orange colored veiltail in a kahoots store the other week. :)