More Cycling???

Apr 1, 2006
South England UK
i have just got a new 19 gallon/84 litres tank and still have the 10 gal filled with baby swordtails the main tank has 5 neon tetras 2 swordtails 1 male indian dwarf gourami (female died sadly but will be replaced) and 1 common pleco (will be transferred wen he gets too big) and 2 bristlenose pleco. the tank has been running for 6 days it has the filter from the smaller tank in it and most of the plants and ornaments i also used a cycle starter and all is fine so far could it be cycled yet or might i have problems?*thumbsups

any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Dan.

Timbo

Large Fish
Jun 21, 2005
Nottingham UK
It could be fine... is anything alive in it? or are they all in the original tank?. If there are any fish in the new tank check Amonia, nitrites, and nitrates. If amonia and nitrites are 0 then the tank is cycled and ready for a slow and steady introduction of new fish. If there are no fish in it ... put 1 small one in or the "Bugs" will die off through lack of food (Amonia). when stable put one fish in each week.... should be good....

Apr 1, 2006
South England UK
i have tested them they were high and my female indian dwarf gourami died because of the ammonia and now the ammonia is on zero.there is always a but.... nitrite is still high but going down daily it should be on 0.3 on thursday ill put a post up then to let u know. thanks for the help.

Dan.