More questions!

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
I was going to buy an anemone today cause they were only ten bucks, but i was scared that i should wait till i get rid of my piosinoius one first...was i right in doing this also i was looking at a coral branded shrimp..are they reef safe? also are scooter blennys reef safe?

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
The shrimp and blenny are reef safe, I know that for sure. I dont know about the anenome, I think all have some amount of toxin. leave that to someone who knows more, but Id guess wait, and find out more about them.

Last edited:

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
well, the coral banded may nip at some corals and desirable anemones but it should be ok. the blenny is fine. the anemone is a big no imo for a beginer, especially a beginer with a small tank. all anemones need a lot of special care and pristine water conditions to do well which can be difficult to balance in a small tank. i would at least read through this first http://www.carlosreef.com/AnemoneFAQ.pdf and make sure your lights are up to standard and that you are prepared to do the other things necessary to maintain anemone health

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
thank you very much my friend, so if i dont get the anenome the only thing i gotta worry about is my coral branded shrimp nipping on some of my corals...how much destruction could he do..also any special care, are they hard to keep?

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
CB Shrimp are real easy to keep, and not too risky.

Scooters are similar to mandarin to keep, a little easier, so yes it's reef safe, but will likely starve to death in a new tank