Moulting Question

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
Just a quick question about shrimp moulting
Last night, my coral banded moulted again, all claws and whiskers intact, but all smaller then usual. Is this normal? And he also looks like his new "shell" (?) is alot softer then usual. Normal? Do I just have to wait it out and let it harden?
thx

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
Just a quick question about shrimp moulting
Last night, my coral banded moulted again, all claws and whiskers intact, but all smaller then usual. Is this normal? And he also looks like his new "shell" (?) is alot softer then usual. Normal? Do I just have to wait it out and let it harden?
thx
I don't know if it is normal that the appendages are smaller seems a little strange though, but as for the softer then usual shell i think its normal. Just give it some time.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
hahahaha that is funny........being a canuck myself and being want to throw the odd u into everything I can totally understand Katie's dilemna......

I am not sure but I would not think that molting would result in a smaller specimen but in one that would be larger........

then again, my coral banded (which was huge) came to his demise at the hands of my pistol shrimp........or at least that is what I am thinking happened to him.....post molt, he disappeared.

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
LOL Lorna, I know, its hard to not add in the 'u's

But the BODY of the shrimp is larger, thats for sure, just the whiskers seem shorter and thinner, and so do the 'big' claws...