Moving 29 Gallon Aquarium

Dragonet

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2009
Kingston ON.
I'm moving my 29 gallon aquarium to my new place but I'm curious as to what would be the best approach to this.
In the tank I have;
1 Banded Goby
2 Tomato Clowns
1 Long Tentacle Anemone
1 Pajama Cardinal
1 Scooter Blenny
1 Leather Umbrella
1 Moderate size family of button polyps
2 Camel shrimp
1 Sand Sifting Starfish

What i would like to know is how I should go about doing this, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks.
Liam

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Oh man...moving a FW tank is a royal pain...I think I would have nightmares moving a SW tank. Yikes. At least it is nice and close.

Do you have some good buckets/water jugs that you can use for transporting? You'll want to take as much of your water with you as you can...and I imagine the fish will be pretty similar to transporting FW fish...put them in a bucket of their tank water that has a pretty good lid because there will be a lot of splashing no matter how carefully you drive. Someone who is better with corals will need to give some suggestions on moving those...

best of luck!!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
when i moved i put all my rock in a few coolers with wet towels in them (tank water) as far as the fish/corals i went to the lfs and asked for the bags they use when they sell fish and corals... some of the rocks with corals attached got moved in 5g buckets with water in them HTH!