Moving a tank

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
It would be an interesting journey but not impossible. Fis would be ok in bags for the trip (how long is it going to take to get back to Pittsburgh?) Live rock just box it up and put some damp news paper on it and be ready for a cycle depending on transit time. Water just disregard and start fresh when you get home imo. I guess you could use rubbermaids to transport it but the hassell wouldnt be worth it in my opinion. Sand keep wet to try and salvage what ever bacteria you can.

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
Isnt that 3 kevin?

I would use a couple of buckets. When I moved a tank across town it was better. The water will be deeper and with anthing that has a sharp point you dont find a fish suficating playing "johnny space ranger" with the bag. You would be able to stick a power head in there, when not driving to circulate the water. Bags work best when you have a tank set up and waiting. When you are setting up the tank along with the move use buckets.

MAHA

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
I recommend buckets as well, and save as much water as you can, keep your live rock submersed, it will help prevent more die off. I just did this, for the 3rd time and buckets really are the way to go, try to save 50% of your water and then have 50% ready to go when you have the tank set up, that way it is just like a large water change.