MOVING QUESTION PLEASE RESPOND ASAP

ThePrep95

Small Fish
Apr 9, 2006
Im in the process of moving right up the block from me. Its about a 3 minute drive. I have already moved my 29g with black skirt tetras, flame gourami, rasboras, corydoras, and a dwarf african frog (not the eat your fish clawed frog). Tank has been running a full day and all fish seem OK and are eating.

Im now about to move a 44g with a parrot cichlid, algae eater, and rainbow shark.

Question is: Should I transport the fish via cooler and place them with the 29g just for the short time it will take me to get the 44g up and running again?

Will happen in a few hours so any advice is welcome. I love this forum.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
If it's only going to take you a couple of hours to set up the 44g, then you may as well keep the fish in the cooler while you set up. If you have one, you could put an airstone in the cooler while you're working, or hang the filter over the cooler (if it fits). It would be easier than moving them twice.

Fill the cooler with water from the tank, then put the fish in.

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
Move them the same as you moved your other fish. They should be fine sitting in their bucket vs. chasing them all over your 29 which will just stress everyone out. Just get the tank set up as soon as possible and keep your filter media and gravel damp if at all possible (do not move your tank w/ the gravel in it)

Be sure to acclimate them well, tho your water should be pretty much the same as what you've been using. have you tested the tap to see?

ThePrep95

Small Fish
Apr 9, 2006
The move went very smooth. Only one fish casualty, one rasbora jumped out of the cooler and commited suicide while I was setting up the 29, so overall a successful move. Thanks guys!