My $20 Betta

Dec 17, 2003
Visit site
Its at the intersection of Gerrard And Woodbine in the East end near the lake.

Its worth the drive though. Their $80 fish are really nice to look at and if you talk to the guy a lot and convince him you know your stuff he will give you a discount

Wow. nice fish!!

Just a few days ago, I bought two of his brothers.

Believe it or not, these two pictures are from the same fish. The first one I took just today, and the other one was taken by the breeder. Either the lighting was really different or the fish changed color. He looks more like the first picture now... more blue. Anyways, neither of these pictures really do him justice.

The other one:
It's kind of hard to see in the pictures, but his fins are really yellow.

I actually went there originally wanting only one fish, but I couldn't pick... so I got two. Right now they're in big jars, but soon they will move in to a 10 gallon aquarium seperated in half.

Mar 11, 2003
The reason he looks blue is probably because of the purple. His purple coloration in the breeder's picture is the overlap of blue and red, which of course makes purple. With the flash or at different angles you will see either purple or blue. More than likely you don't see the red, because it looks like the blue irridescence is above the red irridescence. LOL sorry that I answered a question that wasn't even asked, I just thought you'd like to know the reason for the color change :).

Alexa

tramca

Large Fish
Mar 10, 2003
Liverpool/England
Visit site
It's a good job I don't live in the USA cos I would find it too hard to choose a male betta. Its hard enuff in the UK where we are limited to mostly red, blue, green, or purple veiltails....no halfmoons etc. You lucky lucky ppl!!!!! Nice fish.

Dec 17, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by PreciousGems
The reason he looks blue is probably because of the purple. His purple coloration in the breeder's picture is the overlap of blue and red, which of course makes purple. With the flash or at different angles you will see either purple or blue. More than likely you don't see the red, because it looks like the blue irridescence is above the red irridescence. LOL sorry that I answered a question that wasn't even asked, I just thought you'd like to know the reason for the color change :).

Alexa
I almost bought most of those mustard gas males. Cool