My 5g community tank

Dec 5, 2010
Hi, I just want to share my 5g tank,i'm just realy confuse about
what kind of community fish can I put into a 5g tank
but now I have a 5g tank with 2 female betta,2 Cory catfish, 4 ghost shrimp(1 shrimp are died coz other shrimp eat it) 4
zebra danios and 2 glofish,
it sounds like crowded? But it is 2 months old now, and they are so active :)
and now Im planning to buy a 10g but when I buy, 10g what will I do to my old 5g tank, and afraid that my stepfather say to mo that I'm wasting money lol..

Last edited:

achase

Large Fish
Feb 1, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
It does sound crowded...very overstocked in my opinion. What are your readings for nitrate, ammonia, and nitrite?

I would only keep 1 female betta in the 5 gallon as aggression can occur in such a small tank.

In the 10 gallon keep the cory cat, shrimp and the other female betta. Take the danios and glofish back as they are not suitable for a 5 or 10 gallon tank plus I'm not sure about their compatibility with the betta for the long term.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
It does sound crowded...very overstocked in my opinion. What are your readings for nitrate, ammonia, and nitrite?

I would only keep 1 female betta in the 5 gallon as aggression can occur in such a small tank.

In the 10 gallon keep the cory cat, shrimp and the other female betta. Take the danios and glofish back as they are not suitable for a 5 or 10 gallon tank plus I'm not sure about their compatibility with the betta for the long term.
This; 1 female in each tank, because 5 gal is no good for 2 females.

Talk to your stepfather about your plans before you get the 10 gal.