My Ammonia

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
Ok well my tank is finally cycled and I still have ammonia traces. .25 ppm I did a 20% water change and have been using ro di water for top offs. Could my tests be wrong? Should i get some snails and hermits anyway?
Thanks

Rush07

Large Fish
Mar 1, 2006
Oneida, NY
How long have you been cycling with the live rock? It took my tank about 6 weeks to where I had no ammonia or nitrites. If you are still showing some ammonia, you may not be fully cycled yet.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
What test kit are you using? I seem to remember you've been having this problem for a while, but I may be confused. Have you tested the water before you add it to the tank? Did you see a nitrite or ammonia spike earlier in the cycle?

You shouldn't put anything in the tank unless ammonia is at zero.

joeyjoeq

Large Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Chicago
YahooFishKeeper said:
if there was ammonia in the tap, hed be sick, and thered be people sueing the water company...
Not true, people will get used to the water they are by. I always get sick drinking the water in other cities and countries, while the people there are safe and sound.

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
joeyjoeq said:
I always get sick drinking the water in other cities and countries, while the people there are safe and sound.
i went to colombia a few years back and every one told me not to drink the water and without even thinkin about it i drank some koolaid *crazysmil after that i dont think i ate 1 thing the rest of the week i was there

joeyjoeq

Large Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Chicago
TRe said:
i went to colombia a few years back and every one told me not to drink the water and without even thinkin about it i drank some koolaid *crazysmil after that i dont think i ate 1 thing the rest of the week i was there

Haha same here:D ... Never been to Columbia how is it?