My Angelfish Fight

kll1221

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2005
Michigan
One is completely terrorizing the other one, chasing around in the tank, looks like he is eating him up on the sides etc. Is this typical behavior? They never use to be like this. They use to swim together and such heck they even mated once (still not sure what sex they are)

TLM4x4

Large Fish
Jul 21, 2005
southern oregon coast
I dont have personal experience with Angels, but from everything Ive read...ppl say either have ONE, or a GROUP of them...are you SURE they mated???? Hopefully someone with more experience with these fish will give more insight into your problem...sorry

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Yeah, mine have not been getting along well since my third angel died. The two remaining were the smaller of the three, and one has ben chasing the other... I'm not sure how much chasing is still going on right now (I'm at college), but I'll probably have to return the black one (I like the other better). If yours are doing damage to each other, you'd do best to remove one or the other, or else the weaker one will be terrorized and pestered to death.

kll1221

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2005
Michigan
:( I guess I will have to give one up. I knew they were aggressive but I didn't realize they would be this much.

They mated as there was eggs that they were guarding. I thought since they were a couple they would be nice to each other.