my betta pics

Jun 22, 2003
NS, Canada
Visit site
I finally got some pics of Mufasa on the computer, and cropped... so I wanted to share.

This was when he was in the 20g, but he is now in the 4g which I don't like, so I am planning on getting him something new soon. I have pictures of my 20g, but I don't have it looking good yet, so I will post them eventually.

Enjoy! :)

Attachments

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Mufasa is a beauty!

Ducks, leave Mufasa in the 4gal. thats a palace by betta standards. He will likely never get sick or rot, he will never get picked on, and he will never kill any of your other fish, a 4gal is perfect.

People should get over the guilt trip of bigger tanks for bettas. They are just as happy in a 1 gal as they would be in anything larger. Get big enough tank so you can decorate it nice and add a heater, but beyond that, its really wasted on a betta.

Jun 22, 2003
NS, Canada
Visit site
Thanks everyone,
Iggy, the only reason I am getting him a new tank is because the one is in is round (its a bubblegum machine tank) and its hard to see him in it. Not to mention it's made of yucky plastic that has yellowed over the years. I want a tank that I can SEE him in!! (and one with lights, because, as you can see, he looks amazing under lights)

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Some deluxe accomidations for bettas going around! Betta's in cups everwhere are just waiting for the generous members of the 'Tank' to come rescue them!

My local walmat is putting about 10 of their 5gal tanks (minibowl) on sale because they are discontinuing the line. I might be able to pick a few up at $25.00 each (with filter and lamp).

Jun 22, 2003
NS, Canada
Visit site
Hmmmmm really? I wonder if they will have them on sale here. The 5g I was looking at was Aqua something... It comes with a HOB filter, 15w bulb... It's kinda a hexagon. I was also looking at a 2g that had a biowheel, but it didn't have a light! Another one had a light, but an UGF. bleh.

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
I dropped by Walmart tonight, on sale for $40.00, including power filter. Not a bad deal still, but I will wait a bit to see what else I can find. Aquascape probably is what your describing, the one with a bio-wheel and filter in the top - I like that one a lot.

There are some 2.5gal explorers for $30.00 with bio-wheel filters too, but that would not be as big as your 4gal and no possiblility of heating it.