My Dogface Puffer

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Very nice specimen Jess. He looks very healthy!

Edit: Actually the more I look I think in the last picture he is saying he'd like to come over to my house...:p

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
nice puffer i really like dogfaces always wanted one but i already have a porcupine puffer that ive had for a few years now heres a few pics :

heres he is puffed up :

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
lol sry .... not sure why he puffed up just looked over and he was puffed..... what ever it was it wasnt good... he did it a few times but i havnt noticed him do it in over a year now.... and really im sry didnt mean to steal yur thread lol i just cant help showin him off ;)

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
beautiful puffer, i love them so much. theres one thats been at my lfs for a few months now and i like to go and "play" with him. i get to handfeed him too, since the lfs guy likes me :)
i want one so bad but i dont have the tank nor room for one.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
FishGeek said:
Sure you do Fuzz...put your 55G together, that will open up a 55G. And you could do a FOWLR *SUPERSMIL
even 55 gallons isnt enough long term IMO...thats what i had started with but i had to upgrade to the 125 gallon;) puffers are very messy eaters wich obviously makes the water conditions worst not to mention you cant have crabs snails ect wich ='s messy tank*thumbsdow

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
We I wasnt saying for long term. But once hes in the house.....LOL :D Yeah I know 'bout the invert thing. What I am going to do is buy them in bulk and they can just live in the tank till they get eaten. Dont they need them anyways as part of their diet?? I know that FW ones do.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
no they dont need them as part of there diet and i think thats a terrible idea... not to mention expensive just about the only thing you can do is try to get a few crabs and snails that are a little bigger than normal so maybe the puffer cant fit them in his mouth ... if that doesnt wurk than youll just have to get some type of goby to clean yur sand bed and magnafloat the sides ;)

Last edited: