my first 75g FOWLR

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
very nice and clean..... give it a few months and thatll all change .. actually im suprised it still looks so clean... looks like a very well thought out setup *celebrate only thing i would do is make a glass or acrylic over flow box around that bulkhead which would also raise you water level up to the black trim ;) i got some pretty cheap glass cut at home depot and made my over flows if you want i can show you a pic

Last edited:

nycsicktank

Medium Fish
Dec 11, 2006
queens
thanks for your kind words i like to keep it clean as possible (my mom said so*twirlysmi)

im not quite sure what you mean, lets see some pics! oh and yeah dont forget about the full tank shots! *thumbsups

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
with overflows you have less chance of a snail or somthing becoming lodged in your bulkhead. It is a box that is built around the bulkhead with teeth cut in the top edge the water flows through these into the box then drains out the bulkhead to your sump.....that way if the power goes out it will only drain to the edge of the teeth.....nothing else will flow to the sump.....and no flood and then you need less back flow room in your sump too.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i dont feel like plugin in my camera right now (long day at work :p ) but heres a pic to give u an idea ... see the 2 boxes in the top left and right corners?? oh yea and btw i second that u need a backround! black would be cool