My first Bubble Nest

May 11, 2003
Canada
This morning when I left for work, I forgot to turn off my heater in my appartment. I guess that extra heat did the trick. When I came home I saw my betta defending a huge bubblenest.

I keep my betta in a large vase with four bamboo shoots coming out of the water and the nest was made in between all four shoots.

yes, i also prefer putting bettas in (almost) anything but a vase, its too odd in there, but i guess if hes happy. when bettas are happy they mostly blow up a nest, my bettas always blow a nest in a new tank or when i change their water, its just a natural responce when they think they moved into a new "territory" or that they think something is much better, but most of this stuff is just IMO...

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Vase, Jar, Blender, Tank... anything is fine for me, so long as you keep the water clean, feed them properly and they have enough space to move around, thats all I ever ask of anyone.

I personally prefer tanks because it is soo much easier to clean and I don't loose any fish because they jump out.

May 11, 2003
Canada
This vase setup is really good. It's better than a standard betta bowl cause it is really large / wide. It has 4 bamboo shoots (criss-crossed) that my betta loves to swim around.

When I get a digital camera, I'll show you guys.