My first DOA

Mar 11, 2003
Out of all my shipments, one just had to be a DOA :(. I sent out fish to PA, TX, and FL this week by fedex 2 day. The PA and TX bettas made it fine...but my FL bettas were left on a hot dock from 8am-3pm!!!!! My customer is pretty upset, and so am I. I am giving her 3 more fish and am paying for Fedex Overnight AM delivery. Thats 36 bucks outta my pocket because of a stupid Fedex station. Those bettas were my favorites too, I wanted them to be happy in their new home :(.

Alexa

Mar 11, 2003
Maybe I will have to switch to UPS. They are my second choice in shipping. I thought Fedex was "the best" way to go. The box was marked with red marking on ALL sides saying "Fragile", "Perishable", and "Live fish" accompanied with arrows pointing up. Geez if there was enough room to write "keep away from extreme temps" I would have wrote it. Fedex knows I ship live fish, but unfortunately I can't say the same for the one in Florida. I called 1800GoFedex and you have to BUY insurance before you ship out the packages. So you have to pay to be paid? Uggggh!

Alexa

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
you have to buy insurance for anything...renters insurance, car insurance, life insurance...thats how it is...you may never need it, but if you ever do its nice to have had it....good luck with the shipping...you could check the daily forecast and ship on days that are supposed to be cooler