My first ever tank is cycling. Any opinions on stocking?

Aug 8, 2011
London, England
I am currently cycling my 24 gallon tank. Im doing this fishless but would like to know if anyone has had any bad first fish experiences or good ones lol?

Any recommendations*BOUNCINGS*BOUNCINGS or fish to avoid?

Thanks

George

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Why don't you go to your LFS and see what they have in your price range? Then make a list of what you like and I am sure people will speak up with their experiences.

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
The best thing to do is test your tap water, whats the PH and hardness levels? Once you know this you can research fish that fit your water type. If you are a beginner look for fish listed as hardy or beginner for your water conditions, this will set you up for a great chance of success! Here is a link for a good place to start you research. Beginner Fish: Tropical Fish for Beginners in Freshwater Aquariums

May 8, 2011
do not do what i did and add to many fish to soon you ammonia will become very hard to control so much so that my tank is cycling again now and my fish in my grans tank. do this and you should be fine good luck with the tank

Aug 8, 2011
London, England
[/QUOTE] Here is a link for a good place to start you research. Beginner Fish: Tropical Fish for Beginners in Freshwater Aquariums[/QUOTE]

Thsi website was a great help thank you. I was too mezmorised with the fish on the link to make a list of any of the fish. Im going to sit down later and jot down some of my ideas. Then ill run them past everyone!

& Pleco Mad Man ill be sure not to make that mistake lol! I dont have a replacement tank. If my amonia spikes and i cant controll it ill be in big trouble!

Thanks

George

Thanks