my fish has been pregnant for a lot of months now and..

Oct 19, 2006
California
i dont think it going to give birth.. it has already givin to 1.. i see it right now but, my preg. fish likes to hide under my filter.. somewhere dark.. like under my cave ornament ... the only reason probably it gave birth to one was because i was gone for 3 days.. sooo, does it need "privacy" for it to give birth?

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
If I remember correctly, this is a molly? Sounds like it isn't too healthy. Fish hiding behind heaters are never a good sign. What is the temperature of the tank and the water parameters? If the mother is stressed out with too much ammonia, she will not give birth. Do constant water changes and keep the temp at 75-80.

Oct 19, 2006
California
what i think the temp is above the recommended temp is because of my room... its hot because i close the window and ... its close because i leave the window window over night.. i should make the temp here constant.. open the window by day, close it by night :p ...that should work

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Molly/Platy have basically the same needs. What is your nitrite level? It looks like your ammonia has stopped spiking, which means your nitrite is probably spiking. I would do an immediate water change. Try to keep the temperature stable in the tank, 84 is a bit high. Are you reading that from an actual thermometer in the tank?

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Do a water change in the meantime. You can usually just take some of the fish water into a pet store, and they'll test it for free. You should do the water change anyways, becuase that will dilute any ammonia/nitrite that is in the water and stressing her out.