My fish tank experiences

d3sc3n7

Superstar Fish
Nov 21, 2007
Ft. Campbell, Ky
www.d3sc3n7.com
Even though I've only been keeping fish for less than a year...I've had what I'd call years and years of bad fishy luck.

Here is a list....let me know if you've had the same

1: 1st real tank 29gal. Been up and running for a month or two. All the sudden, springs (what I thought was) a very small leak. Bad thing is, it was on the bottom seal. Within' 5min, this "small" leak, has turned into a full blown, water pouring out everywhere leak. So, I get all the fish out, end up moving them into a styrofoam transport box, where they lived for about 5 days (not good)! I get the tank emptied, cleaned, and re-seal the entire bottom of the tank. Only to re-fill it, and come to the conclusion that now there is a leak on the side, about half way up!!

Lucky for me, my neighbor also kept fish, so he took mine in, till I got a new tank. ($100 for another 29gal)

2: I now have a 29gal and a 55gal tank running. I'm out of the state, for a month of job training. While I'm gone, my son (3) and his buddy (2) were left alone in the house, for about 5min while my wife and the 2yr olds mom were talking. Within this 5min, they managed to put anything and everything they could get their hands on, into the 55gal tank. CDs, books, clothes, a can of spray starch, you name it, it was in there.

My wife did a fantastic job of getting the fish out, and safely putting them in the 29gal. So, when I came home, I got the joy of cleaning out the 55gal tank, scrubbing it down, cleaning every little thing that goes in it. Then setting it back up.

3: Has not happend yet, but with my luck, give it time!!

p.s. I got the 55gal for $125 with stand and tons of extra equiptment. :D
Thanks guys,

-d3