My Friend and Her 29 Gallon Tank

kll1221

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2005
Michigan
She wants to get into Cichlids. I told her her tank was too small. She likes this one that is yellow. I don't know the name of it. Can Ciclids live in a 29 gallon tank? She says she doesn't care and that she truely believes the fish will grow to fit the tank it is in. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: plus I know she will buy them and just put them into he newly set up tank, I keep trying to tell her about cycling etc. What else can I say to her?

Last edited:

phOOey

Superstar Fish
Oct 31, 2003
Nottingham, UK
there a lots of cichlids you can keep in a 29. those yellow ones are probably yellow labs. if they are then you could easily get a trio 1m 2f, to live comfortably in a 29g.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Agreed with the above. Also a good starter cichlid. I acctually maintain about 7 yellow labs in a 29gal. Had one holding fry/eggs the other week. No deaths or problems so far.

She says she doesn't care and that she truely believes the fish will grow to fit the tank it is in.
This is sometimes true. The fishs growth will become stunted so in essence it will grow to fit the tank, but may lead to health problems later down the road, not to mention it will never look fully grown.

I'd also get her to the computer and show her the articles on cycling and such. Try and keep explaining its best for her fish.