my molly

i posted this before but its getting worse.My oldest female molly the one who gave me 40 more baby mollies has been doing flips.Like back flips and front flips.She has stopped doing flip for a while now and cant move here fin on one side of her body.I think she might have had a stroke.She doesnt really swim much any more.she lays at the bottom of the tank.She doesnt go to the top to eat and she looks like she has a sunken in stomach.Should i fed here liquid food for baby fish so she atleast eats.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
If her stomach is sunken in, she may have some sort of internal parasite? You could try feeding her medicated anti-parasite fish food, that may help, or it could be she has reached her time and has had too many babies...:(

Sep 29, 2006
Houston Tx
OK this may sound crazy but my Sailfin Dalmation Molly was doing the same thing and I would feed him frozen green peas. Defrost the peas, take the shell off and press in a garlic press. This makes the fish poop out the parasites and he is getting his greens. It is allot cheaper too. I caught it early and it sounds like you may still have a chance. Good luck.