My new Betta

Worthless

Small Fish
May 11, 2008
Yesterday I finally got a new Betta =] I love Betta's for the grace and beauty they have. He is swimming around in his 10 gallon tank happily with his 3 platy tank mates. With the aquarium light on he looks neon red and blue and He looks very beautiful, I will find out how to take good photos of my fish.

He flares up at his own reflection and he flares up at the platys when they get near his tank ornament (A pirate skull) He claimed it as his own, he sleeps in it.

Names in mind:
Chem (As in chemical...Corny i know)
Flare

Please give me some Ideas on names!

Pictures to come soon!

Hehe, rule of the forums. POST PICS! jk. But we do love to see them. :D

Personally, I don't like bettas anymore.
Juju (my first fish, red male) was a dork.
Kissyboots (blue female betta, hence my name) was fat like a whale. I actually called her a whale.
And Finfin is disgusting (he's got ich right now I believe).
They all had diseases while my other fish NEVER had problems (except for a minor case of fluffy stuff on a tetra.)

I'm out of names. Finfin is a dumb name and that's all I could come up with. I don't want to give you any more dorky names. :D (Flare sounds ok imo.)

Worthless

Small Fish
May 11, 2008
Thanks to Adorkable I have picked Hae Ru, but I will just call him Shine around my family and friends because they will think I'm nuts :D:D

and so apparently he is Red and kind of purple :S He looks Blue and Red at night with the flourecent lights!:p

Here are some Picture of Hae Ru

It was night time and I had the flash on, still a cutie <3

He is one of a kind I do say

Awe the whole aquarium family together...and a special visitor in the background

Radiant Color <3<3

Flash Was on again...

Last edited:

Worthless

Small Fish
May 11, 2008
Cat doesn't bug them that often, only sits beside the tank and paws at the glass, and I think Hae Ru is beautiful considering he is a LFS fish, I actually made sure he wasn't one of the bettas out of the cups, There was 3 that were deep blues and one that was ping with like neon blue tail in with platys and neons, They looked very happy swimming around in the big tank

Yeah, well they pet stores only sell the bettas in cups because it takes up less space, and since they can't put males together, that's really their only option. My Kissyboots was blue with a little red while Juju was red with a little blue. A perfect pair. Unfortunately they're both dead now. Only Finfin the disgusting ich infested betta is left. I regret buying him but he has a whole tank to himself right now and even built a bubble nest. He flares up at me everytime I put my face near his nest. :)

Worthless

Small Fish
May 11, 2008
Sorry to hear about Kissyboots and Juju, Where I live female Bettas are hard to come by and alot of pet stores discourage it because if they do have fry I do not have the space to put them, there will be some unhungry fish =[ I'm actually going away friday-monday and i am hoping my platys don't give birth while i am away :p

Hehe, fish love live food. If you're not trying to breed and are worried about over population, forget it. The betta and the mommies will eat the fry. :) Uh, yum.
If you're planning to breed, you probably need another tank. (That's how I ended up with 3 tanks, hehe)
The only way that bettas would have fry is if both the female and male were together and then separated after the eggs were laid. The female would try to eat the eggs and either succeed because the male's a weekie or die because the male defended the eggs and killed her. :eek:
So, that's kind of a weird excuse for not selling bettas imo.

Worthless

Small Fish
May 11, 2008
Well I just noticed somthing, My betta has actually calmed down a bit towards the platies! I don't know why but I have a bubble wand kind of thing and I stuck in my tank to give it more air and allow them to play and All the fish were chasing each other around it, not even nipping or anything, Betta didnt even flare up! :) I am really starting love Hae Ru, he will even eat a bloodworm out of my fingers =] Sad thing is that it is now Platies that dominate the feeding time...