My new fish

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
Well, I've been away a while, but now I'm back and I got some new fish today. Two of them are female mickey swordtails that look pregnant to me and I'm just wondering how soon you think they'll drop their fry. I have to apologize for the pic, it's not the best, but it's what I could get right now.

Here are pics of my other new fish if you are interested
Male mickey swordtail

D.J.

Spike

Kashet

You opinion on how soon you think the females will drop would be appreciated. Thanks.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Top swordtail looks like she's ready to drop within the next few days, the bottom one maybe a week or more. Nice tank, you are pushing it a bit with so many gourami/paradise fish in a tank that size so keep your eyes peeled for any aggression.

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
Thanks Miss Fishy. I know I'm pushing it with the paradise and the gouramis. I had them together in the past and didn't have much trouble then, but I will still keep an eye on them. I tried to get them around the same size so that it wouldn't be "the littler one" that got picked on.

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
Thanks BV, I like D.J. a lot too. Paradise fish are one of my favorites. As far as aggression's been going. Kashet and Spike seem more concerned about each other than they do about D.J., even at that they don't bother each other too much. Thanks for the comments and the advice guys.

MalcolmV8

Large Fish
May 31, 2003
Visit site
Actually those pictures are not bad. I've tried taking pics of my fish but they move so fast and are never in one spot for more than a second it's really hard. I end up taking overall tank shots haha.

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
Thanks MalcolmV8. I don't always have luck with taking pics of my fish, but you just keep trying, be patient, try not to scare the fish when they're moving slow enough for you to get a shot and you raise your camera. Other people can give you more tips on getting good shots, but I find that I get the best shots when they are at the top of the tank and I'm shooting up at them. Just be patient. One day you might just get lucky.