My New Saltwater Aquarium

Sep 3, 2007
Sydney
Hi guys just started a SALTWATER Aquarium, Came across this very helpfull site gave me answers to alot of questions i had.

Has anyone had any experience on fish compatibility?

I currently have 2 x CLOWN FISH and 1 x African Zebra Moray Eel they get along perfect,

The Zebra Eel is 50cm and the CLOWNS are tiny like 1cm and the Eel is NOT interested in them,

I have ordered a Juvenile Emperor Angel Fish you think he will be fine with my current fish?

Here is a link to my YOUTUBE Videos: 1. YouTube - ZEBRA EEL with BABY CLOWN FISH 2. YouTube - ZEBRA MORAY EEL

Here are some pics of my setup below will add some more later:

Attachments

Last edited:

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
how long has ur tank been running? everyone always say they are going to upgrade but only a few really do as it will cost quite a bit to upgrade to a 100+ from a 48gallon.. i would just get fish that would be ok in that size of a tank and then when and IF u upgrade get larger fish.. IMO

Sep 3, 2007
Sydney
Hehe i only had this tank for 4 weeks now!.

I regret not getting the AV-980 at least.

Im buying all my fish as Juveniles, Give them a bit of time to grow and maybe upgrade in about 12months.

This is what im getting in this tank:

2 x Clown Fish (juveniles)

1 x African Zebra Eel (juvenile)

1 x Emperor Angel (juvenile)

1 x Blue tang (juvenile)

1 x Lipstick Tang (juvenile)

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
thats alot of money u plan on spending there on fish that dont belong in a tank that small but hey its your money... dont say we didnt warn ya ;)

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
how many lbs of rock do you have in there.. for only having the tank 4 weeks id say it probably didn't cycle and your gonna run into some big problems if you add those fish to that small of a tank but like tre said its your money .. and i also noticed u said MAYBE upgrade.. if ur really don't plan on it don't buy fish that will suffer in such a small tank