My new tank!

cawah

Large Fish
Jul 19, 2003
USA
home.comcast.net
Hi! I know I said I was going to start a Cichlid tank, but I am now distracted by this SW tank. The cichlid tank is on hold, i will make it as soon as the SW stuff settles down!

Here is a pic so far, I added rocks, sand, and water today so it's still a bit cloudy. Plus, I'm not sure how to take pictures without stuff getting reflected - thats why you see the computer, keyboard, my arm, etc.

Just wanted to say that I've now entered the SW side!

Attachments

Oct 22, 2002
Hiya.

Try these photo tips on for size (then post more pix!):

1. Lights off
2. Blinds drawn
3. Dark outside (no stray light coming in)
4. Turn flash off
5. Turn aquarium lights on
6. Clean your aquarium glass - inside and out. Most new cameras, especially digicams, have automatic (infrared?) range finders. Perhaps this is nothing, but I swear it has a harder time autofocusing when the glass is dirty. It tends to focus on the surface of the glass rather than the contents of the aquarium.
7. DIGICAM!!!! It's essential. Sometimes I take 40 pix at once, and only get 1 usable or "perfect" image.
8. Low oblique. Don't try to focus through the glass at a large angle, it refracts/blurs. Face your camera directly at a pane of glass.

So, in summary:

1. The aquarium should be the most luminous thing in the room. It should be the only thing emitting light :)
2. Fight glass refraction - keep it clean and shoot straight
3. Get a digicam, don't waste all that money developing blurry tank shots on film.

Hope it helps!

ps what kind of stuff are you putting in there? i have a neato riffic 30g reef that is becoming my favorite-est tank ever.

cawah

Large Fish
Jul 19, 2003
USA
home.comcast.net
Hi!! Tahnks for the tip. When that pic was taken, i hadn't even attempetd to turn on the MH lights. But WOW, I turned them on, and it makes a huge difference!

I will try again later and post my new attempt!

I'm not sure about what kind of stuff I want, but I know for sure that I want a lawnmower blenny. I wanted a yellow tang, but i'm not sure if the tank is big enough for one. (2ft cube)

Thank yoU!