My newest addition

Lakea

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2006
Texas
I was in ... walmart... yesterday evening and I went down the fish section (bad me) and found this betta I just had to have. At the time he was in blue water, I wasn't really sure of his color, but for whatever reason I just had to take him home, so one hour and 5.5 gallons later I got this:

*BOUNCINGS And I must say he is quite the looker!

And the coolest thing about him is his eyes are half blue half red/brown, like the top half is red and the bottom is blue.

He really is not helping with my MTS, I'm up to five tanks :(

He needs a name! Any suggestions?

Apr 26, 2008
He is beautiful, what a great red color! And he came from walmart!!!
He must have just been put on the shelf :)!

Good luck on the name! I have kids so the first thing that crossed my mind is "Lighting McQueen", from Disney's "Cars" movie. Sorry I'm no help !!!!

Lakea

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2006
Texas
lol, forgot I started this post. Thanks guys for the comments. I hate going down the walmart fish isle because there are just a gazillion cups of bettas, a lot of which are dead, not to mention all the other fish poor fishes. All the gazillions of common plecs, dragon gobys, goldfish, oscars they have that will go to homes where people don't know how to take care of them...

He is still nameless, this week... and last week... were really kind of hectic, if it wasn't for feeding him I would forget I even had him... I am going to try to get either a new filter for the 55 or the 20g and set him up with an ac20 in his tank, hopefully it won't be too powerful, I could always just get him a cheap-o filter... Anyways thanks again!

FoxFire

Small Fish
Sep 11, 2008
My sisters Betta is named Gorgeous George and my brothers is named Arthur MacArthur. Both of them are from Wal*Mart too. Gorgeous George is red with white fins and Arthur is blue with a gold fins that are tipped with blue at the ends.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
How about Flame?

Remember folks, everytime you buy a fish from Walmart you are encouraging them to buy/sell more fish. Unfortunately, Walmarts have proven over and over that they hold the fishs' lives in very low regard.