My tank thread

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Here is a collection of pics I recently have taken. Tell me what you think or what could use changing.

Xenia that is starting to open. Still early.

More Xenia

Cleaner shrimp

My homemade moonlighting

My starfish

Clowns

Fire Shrimp

Moonlight

Fuge

My camera didn't pick up the blue light very well. It's a lot brighter than it looks.

Sorry the sizes are so big. Comments welcome.

Last edited:

Breene

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2006
Ohio
Hey where did you get the LEDs? And did you wire each of em up yourself? Do the ones you have come with a built in resister? They look like they may... they have a metal casing.

Breene

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2006
Ohio
What do you use to power your led strip? How did you rig it up? Im thinking of ripping the power supply out of my old computer sitting in the garage and using their ever so convient method they posted on the website haha. I was wondering if there is an easier way...

Nevermind... I think I will end up doing that but using some cold cathodes instead. I completley forgot about those from back in my nerd days. They should be perfect for moon lighting. I will only need 1 of the 5 four-pin molex connectors on my old psu and I can mount it all in my canopie im building. Im just worried about how bright they will be... I may have to find a way to dimm it a bit. Maby wrap a strip of white fabric from a tee shirt or something around it to make it look more moon-like. Thanks for pointing out the website though.

Last edited:

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I just used a 12v power adapter to something. First I soddered the resistors to the LEDs. Then I took speaker sized wires and soddered that on the other end of the resistors. I then took a wire nut and put all the wires together including the power of the adapter. Then did the same for the negative side. You can use a PC power supply just as easily, just more cumbersome. You have to jump the power supply so it will turn on though. I was going to take that route, but didn't know what I wanted to do with the power supply.