My turn for pics!

JEP

Small Fish
Mar 22, 2005
Elgin, IL
Check out my tank. It's fairly new so I don't have too much going on in there though. :D

Pictures

**Updated**

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
Very nice, real clean. So you are using a Fluval huh? the pics look great. I would say great start to....!

what kind of lights do you have, they make your tank look good. lights are a big thing huh camaro. they can realy make your tank look 10x beter..

JEP

Small Fish
Mar 22, 2005
Elgin, IL
Specs:
46Gal, 25lbs Fiji rock, Fluval 304, 3" aragonite coral live sand bed, and an AquaC remora coming soon.
1 yellow tang, 1 coral beauty, 2 small clowns, 1 blue damsel, 1 fire fish (was sleeping when I was taking pics and missed him), 5 blue hermits, 3 cone snails, 1 huge round-shelled snail that can eat more salad than me, Pulsing Xenia, a small feather duster that just sprouted.

JEP

Small Fish
Mar 22, 2005
Elgin, IL
Thanks for the comments guys I appreciate that! Yamaha, my Fluval contains 1 tray of carbon, 1 tray of half carbon half limestone rocks, and the top tray is all limestone rocks. The limestone rocks are a bacteria habitat. I clean the sponges out once a month with my water change. Yes, I am getting the remora with the Maxi-jet as I have heard it is a better/quieter pump too. I want to set up a DIY sump and I have the components I need except I can't find a cheap skimmer/overflow box. I've only seen a couple on the market and they are both $60 :eek: . I don't feel like going through the hassle of making my own acrylic one, so that is holding me up.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
just a warning you will soon grow to detest that xenia, you will hate it with every ounce of your being, it grows soo fast and takes over under proper conditions, I hate the stuff, I really think the LFS should put a warning on it, you will end up weeding most of it out and hating just like me and camaro.

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
That Fluval works out for you huh Jep. I could never get mine to keep the water clean or the levels right. I dont know I just dont care for canister, but it does seem like sometanks are succesfull with them. know when you clean your media do you empty the water in your canister?(it can get realy nastey) any way I'm stoked for that Aqua C!

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
My xenia isn't big as yours but it already spreaded behind rock. Found 2 new yesterday on glass and rock. I've been to a LFS where the glass on the back is fully covered with xenia and it's very cool to see..but it also tells me that it can grow anywhere and take all the place.

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
ahah, really? i was only joking (kinda) but now that it may actually happen i'll have to kick up some cash. My biggest problem is usually shipping, i live in Nova Scotia Canada, but i see you live in Boston so that's pretty good. I'll pm you later.